WHO WE ARE
Spitfire is a design studio headquartered in Brooklyn. Our founder, Isis Shiffer, an award-winning industrial designer with a background in fine art and bicycle frame-building. Our diverse team brings a broad range of perspectives to every project we work on, united by a desire to leave the world more beautiful than we found it.
WHAT WE DO
While we are primarily an industrial design studio, we see design as a tool to solve problems, in whatever format works best. We’ve styled buses, invented cookware, designed Kickstarter campaigns, created packaging suites, started and refreshed brands, built websites and apps, and prepared factory CADs. Working with Spitfire is like adding a highly capable design department to your company for as long as you need it. We work closely with our clients from ideation to launch day, overseeing every aspect of design and making sure that each element comes together efficiently, elegantly and on time.
WHY WORK WITH US?
We are small, focused and picky. Our clients get full attention and commitment from day one. We put the time and effort into truly understanding your brand, goals and path forward, and prioritize great communication. We only take on projects we really believe in, and approach every design challenge with exactitude and humanism.
- Seeds of Innovation Design Resilience Competition Water Flows Forward 2022
- Winner, Sustainability Category Good Design 2021
- Cleverest Product, Homewares Architectural Digest 2021
- Best of CES Gear Diary 2021
- How Life Unfolds Paper and Packaging Board 2018
- Golds, Sports Wearables Edison Awards 2017
- Product of the Year Technically Brooklyn 2017
- International Winner James Dyson Award 2016
- National Winner James Dyson Award 2016
- Overall Winner Nitto Tire Design Challenge 2015
- Best Lugged Frame Design NAHBS Handbuilt Bike Show 2013
- Bronze winner International Design Awards 2022
- Female Design Council
- Pratt Institute