Pilotfish is a progressive design and innovation consultancy based in Amsterdam, Munich and Taipei. Specialising in the development of intelligent products for the consumer, professional, medical and transportation industries, we cater to international brands worldwide.
Our mission is to create unique user experiences that stir people and enhance their lives. To achieve this, we take an integrated design approach covering the entire product/service development process from research, strategy and design down to tooling and production. Whether an innovation strategy workshop or a full-fledged turnkey product development – we offer tailor-made solutions for your needs.
Spurred by our vision ‘tangible dreams’, we also act as hub of innovation for start-ups and technology providers looking for the right partners to realise their product or service ideas in meaningful ways for end users.
Founded by Harm Hogenbirk and Marc Nagel in 2000, Pilotfish has grown to a multinational team of over 40 researchers, designers, engineers, and manufacturing experts. Our work is regularly acknowledged for its design excellence by independent international juries.
- iF 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 International Forum Design Hannover 2012
- red dot 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 red dot 2012
- IDEA Silver IDSA 2011
- IDEA Finalist IDSA 2012
- GOOD DESIGN Award 2009, 2010, 2011 The Chicago Athenaeum 2011
- German Design Award Nominee 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013 German Design Council 2013
- iF Industrie Forum Design e.V.
- GUPA - German Usability Professionals' Association
- VDID - Association of German Industrial Designers
- BNO - Association of Dutch Designers
- TDC - Taiwan Design Center
- CSID - Chinese Society of Interior Designers
- The European Centre for Architecture, Art, Design and Urban Studies