Cristina Orozco Cuevas, award - winning independent textile designer with 10 years of expertise based in Mexico City.
She opens her own design studio in 2012 specializing in surface CAD design in woven and prints in markets such as home decor, hospitality, home furnishing, RV, kitchen goods, kids and others. Her design portafolio has around more than 1,000 patterns.
Her work can be described with her bedside book phrase “ Never repeat yourself”, and the goal of breaking design bounderies by working as a chameleon, adapting to clients needs, projects, styles trends or just not following nobody. On of the studio main objects is ideally to create a balance between creative direction and business goals.
The aim of the studio is to explore, experiment & evolve by creating a textile network divided in 4 main sectors.
Offering services such as consultancy, comissioned projects and associated services for the textile industry in
Mexico, U.S. and India. From color yarn, woven and techniques experimentation, new aplications, color separation, planning, implementation for production and merchandising direction.
Actually she is looking to expand her services abroad with other companies and mills that need freelance textile designers which can contribute with their experience both jacquard and printing (traditional and digital).
Making team developing textiles and special artistic projects with architectural firms, industrial designers and decorative collections for retailers. Combining her skills into interior decor in restaurants, bars and hotels.
3. Textile Art
Art projects and installations for museums and gallery arts by invitation or custom made with techniques such as
natural dyeing, tapestry, illustration,sewing, tie dye, knitting and crochet.
Producing and selling her own brand of textile products for home decor, kitchen, pets and more defining this area as unique.
- Mention -Sixth Biennal Design INBA 2011
- Silver Medal - Quorum Design Awards QUORUM 2008
- First Place - Sixth Biennal Design INBA 2011
- TEXTILE BRAILLE / A' Textile, Fabric, Textures, Patterns and Cloth Design Award A´Design Awards Competition 2014
- Lasso Award Title: Bronze A' Design Award Award Category: A' Textile, Fabric, Textures, Patterns an A´Design Awards and Competition 2014
- Mention: Fierro Biejo, fabric design INBA 2014
- Second Place: Rompecabezas, fabric design INBA 2014
- First Place: BRAILLE TEXTIL / Textil, Moda y Complementos BID12 2012