The Springs Pavilion at The Recreational Springs Resort, Lead, SD as seen on “Hotel Impossible”
Alternatives worked with Travel Channel’s Hotel Impossible and host Anthony Melchiorri, on the season 8 premiere episode “Full Throttle in Sturgis” featuring 3 hotel properties in South Dakota. Our role in the episode, regarding The Recreational Springs Resort in particular, was to develop a marketing strategy that would help maximize the profitability of their open air event pavilion.
Based on trends in the market, we saw an opportunity to create an inviting wedding and events focused identity and promotion strategy for the pavilion. “The Springs Pavilion” branding set it apart from the rest of the resort, making it a more attractive venue for weddings and special events. The identity was then translated to a section of website dedicated to the venue, promotional items, and signage. A strategic digital marketing plan was developed including social media, advertising and email marketing to promote the Springs Pavilion to brides, couples and local wedding industry professionals and media.
• The Springs Pavilion name and logo gives the open air pavilion a look that is special
event focused, taking it to a new level.
• A proposed website design where the user experience is improved by immediately
setting the tone for someone looking for a wedding or special event venue.
• The Springs Pavilion brochure highlights wedding packages available to make
• Promotional items, such as branded wedding favors and napkins, offer a personalized
keepsake for guests while reminding them of the venue and the wonderful experience.
• Mini brand guidelines and marketing plan